Instagram announced recently that it’s rolling out some changes to how people use the social network website. If you haven’t heard, Instagram is testing a feature called “Deactivate” that allows users to delete their accounts without having to wait 30 days.
This isn’t something that most people are familiar with, but it’s actually pretty common among celebrities and influencers who want to take a break from the platform.
How to Reactivate an Instagram Account?
If you want to reactivate your Instagram account, follow these steps:
- 1. Log into your Instagram account.
- 2. Click on “Settings.”
- 3. Scroll down and find the option “Deactivate Account.”
- 4. Select “Yes,” and confirm your decision.
- 5. You’ll receive a confirmation email. Read it carefully and click on the link included there.
- 6. After clicking on the link, you’ll see a screen where you must enter your password. Enter it correctly and press “Submit.”
Just Go to Instagram (On the App or on the Desktop) And Log in Just as You Would Normally.
The problem is that many people don’t know what happens next. You might think that once you delete your account, you lose access to everything — including your followers, likes, comments, and posts. But that’s not true. In fact, there are ways to keep those things intact even after deleting your account.
So here’s what you do: Go to Instagram, sign into your account, and hit the big red button that says “Deactivate Account.” Then follow the instructions that pop up. And that’s it. Your account will be deleted, but you won’t lose access to anything else.
If you decide later that you want to come back, you can reactivate your account within 24 hours. So no worries.
Things You Should Know
To reactivate a suspended account, you must use the Instagram appeals form. If you want to restore your account, you’ll need to provide proof of identity and payment information.
Deleted accounts cannot be restored, and you will lose all followers if your account is deleted.
You can’t access your account while it’s suspended.
You Do Not Remember Your Instagram Password?
- If you forgot your Instagram password, it’s easy to recover it. Follow the instructions below to reset your password. You don’t need to know your username or email address.
- 1. Log into your account on a mobile device.
- 2. Tap the gear icon in the upper left corner.
- 3. Select Settings.
- 4. Scroll down to Account Security and tap Password Reset.
- 5. Enter your phone number and tap Next.
- 6. Choose one of the options to send a text message to your phone.
- 7. Once you receive the confirmation code, enter it in the box next to Confirm Code.
- 8. Tap Submit.
- 9. Your password will now be changed.
- 10. Go to your profile and log in again.
- 11. Enjoy your newly restored access to your Instagram account.
Reactivating a Blocked (Suspended) Instagram Account
To reactivate your account:
- 1. Log in to your Instagram account
- 2. Click on the button “My Account”
- 3. Select “Settings”
- 4. Scroll down and select “Blocked Accounts”
- 5. Find your suspended account and tap on it
- 6. Tap on “Unblock”
Can I Reactivate My Instagram Account If It is Permanently Deleted?
You can reactivate your Facebook account after you delete it permanently. This means that your old posts will be gone for good. However, you can still use your original profile name and password.
If you want to create a new account with your username, you must choose a different username. For example, if you used @username1, you could create a new account with @username2.
Your old posts will disappear from your timeline, but you can see them via the Explore tab.
How Long Can Your Instagram Account Be Disabled?
If you violate one of these rules, Instagram could suspend your account. While there is no way to prevent this from happening, you can request that your account be reactivated. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select Manage Disabled Accounts. From here, you can choose whether to allow your account to be reactivated or not.
You can also deactivate your account completely. In this case, you won’t receive notifications about new comments or likes. However, you’ll still be able to access your profile information. When you log into your account, you’ll see a notice informing you that your account is temporarily unavailable.
Questions and Answers
Instagram announced it would start allowing people to deactivate their accounts once per week starting today. This feature allows people to take a break from the app without having to delete their entire profile. Deactivating your account does not mean you are deleting your photos or videos; it just means you won’t be able to access those posts anymore.
There is no limit on how often you can deactivate your Instagram profile. However, there is a seven-day grace period where you can reactivate your account. After that, you’ll have to wait another seven days before you can do it again.
You can’t deactivate your account more than once every seven days. If you try to deactivate your account more frequently than that, Instagram will tell you why you can’t.
If you want to deactivate your account permanently, you must delete your entire profile. Once you’ve deleted your profile, you can never reactivate it.